Administrative Assistant, Nursing DepartmentApply Now Job ID 6212134 Date posted 11/06/2017
Matheny Medical and Educational Center 65 Highland Avenue Peapack, NJ 07977
Matheny Medical and Educational Center, a unique special hospital and school for children and adults with medically complex developmental disabilities, is seeking a:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, NURSING DEPARTMENT *Full Time*
- Provides clerical support for the Nursing department including, but not limited to, typing, transcription/dictation, filing and maintaining telephone contacts.
- Maintains current nursing licenses and CPR certifications for all department nurses. Follows up with employees on any outstanding documentation. Submits updated licenses and certifications to Human Resources.
- Maintains department policy and procedure manuals in an up-to-date fashion.
- Coordinates all payroll activities for department personnel with the Finance department.
- Maintains and coordinates department and committee activities; records minutes as assigned.
- Organizes and coordinates meetings with other personnel as assigned.
- Orders office supplies for department as needed.
- Provides switchboard relief as assigned.
- Interacts and advocates for patients in an appropriate manner.
- Participates in staffing activities in the absence of the staffing nurse.
To qualify, a High School Diploma or GED is required. Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Computer proficiency, including use of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, e-mail and a basic understanding of databases required. Good interpersonal skills.
Matheny offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, tax deferred retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
To Apply Please Click Here: email@example.com
By being hired into one of our Administrative jobs at Matheny, you’ll be a key member of the Matheny team. Professional’s in Administrative careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative job below to learn more about the exact qualifications.
It takes special people to care for those with special needs.
While the great majority of Matheny patients have cerebral palsy as their primary diagnoses, Matheny also has patients with spina bifida, Lesch-Nyhan Disease (LND) and a wide range of uncommon conditions including Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Cornelia De Lange syndrome, Wolf-Hirshorn syndrome and 4Q Deletion syndrome. Lesch-Nyhan Disease is a rare x-linked recessive disorder associated with cognitive impairment, high levels of uric acid in the blood, kidney involvement and the hallmark symptom -- severe and involuntary self-injurious behaviors. Matheny is recognized as the leading source of information on care issues regarding LND.
- Administrative Assistant, Nursing Department Peapack, New Jersey
- Registered Nurse Peapack, New Jersey
- Occupational Therapist - School Peapack, New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant - School Peapack, New Jersey
- Physical Education - Adapted Instructor Peapack, New Jersey
- Registered Nurse - Education Peapack, New Jersey
- REGISTERED NURSE, 7PM-7AM Peapack, New Jersey