Occupational Therapist - SchoolApply Now Job ID 6212136 Date posted 11/01/2017
Matheny Medical and Educational Center 65 Highland Avenue Peapack, NJ 07977
Matheny Medical and Educational Center, a unique special hospital and school for children and adults with medically complex developmental disabilities, is seeking a:
Occupational Therapist – School *Full Time*
- Provides assessment services for students who require the specialized services of an Occupational Therapist.
- Provides support services that address specific concerns of educators, administrators, and child study team consultants relative to Occupational Therapy in the school setting.
- Provides therapy on an individual and/or group basis to students previously identified through assessment as requiring direct intervention within the educational environment.
- Provides the Occupational Therapy goals and objectives to be addressed during the school year to the Child Study Team.
- Provides quarterly Progress Reports for each student receiving therapy.
- Provides present levels of academic achievement and functional performance, and goals, objectives and strategies for initial evaluation and re-assessment, and/or annual reviews.
- Assumes other responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by the administration.
- Maintains New Jersey Department of Education certification and NBCOT-OTR.
- Participates in the development and improvement of opportunities for disabled students by providing individual or group in-service experiences for staff and parents.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Communicates effectively with Principal and/or designee.
- Communicates effectively with hospital therapists regarding issues with students.
To qualify, a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university required. Licensure/Certifications: New Jersey Occupational Therapist license required. New Jersey Department of Education School Occupational Therapist Certification. American Occupational Therapy Association Registration (AOTA) preferred. National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) – OTR
Matheny offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, tax deferred retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
To Apply Please Click Here: email@example.com
Occupational Therapy is a health and rehabilitation therapy that helps people regain, develop and build skills that are important for independent functioning health and well-being. At Matheny, occupational therapists are part of a collaborative team of educators, instructors, other therapists, physicians, nurses and parents. We help develop adaptive skills and assist in improving performance capacity in individuals whose ability to perform life skills is impaired. Our OTs are not only involved with various research and educational opportunities to further learning, but many of our therapists have advanced training in the area of Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT) and Sensor Integration (SIPT). In addition, the occupational therapy department provides consultation to students’ families in order to ensure programmatic carryover, safety and optimal functioning within the individual’s habilitative program.
It takes special people to care for those with special needs.
While the great majority of Matheny patients have cerebral palsy as their primary diagnoses, Matheny also has patients with spina bifida, Lesch-Nyhan Disease (LND) and a wide range of uncommon conditions including Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Cornelia De Lange syndrome, Wolf-Hirshorn syndrome and 4Q Deletion syndrome. Lesch-Nyhan Disease is a rare x-linked recessive disorder associated with cognitive impairment, high levels of uric acid in the blood, kidney involvement and the hallmark symptom -- severe and involuntary self-injurious behaviors. Matheny is recognized as the leading source of information on care issues regarding LND.
- Administrative Assistant, Nursing Department Peapack, New Jersey
- Registered Nurse Peapack, New Jersey
- Occupational Therapist - School Peapack, New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant - School Peapack, New Jersey
- Physical Education - Adapted Instructor Peapack, New Jersey
- Registered Nurse - Education Peapack, New Jersey
- REGISTERED NURSE, 7PM-7AM Peapack, New Jersey