TEACHER OF HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION/PARAPROFESSIONALApply Now Job ID 6353785 Date posted 11/29/2017
Matheny Medical and Educational Center 65 Highland Avenue Peapack, NJ 07977
Matheny Medical and Educational Center, a unique special hospital and school for children and adults with medically complex developmental disabilities, is seeking a:
TEACHER OF HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION/PARAPROFESSIONAL *Full Time*
- Designs lesson plans in accordance with the New Jersey Curriculum Standards and the students’ IEP.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a consistent, high quality educational program which meets students’ individual needs.
- Identifies needs of individual students through evaluation (formative and summative) consistent with New Jersey Curriculum Standards in order to foster realistic student-based outcomes.
- Completes documentation in accordance with school/department requirements.
- Compiles and maintains accurate student data and records according to school goals and objectives.
- Uses specialized student equipment and instructional methods effectively; Demonstrates an understanding of childhood development.
- Carries out team facilitation responsibilities according to the Matheny School Handbook.
- Consults with other members of the IEP team to assemble information consistent with the needs and capabilities of each student; Integrates the most appropriate educational program into each student’s overall program.
- Facilitates non-instructional activities such as lunch, recess, and student dismissal.
- Attends traditional school activities such as Back to School Night, Prom, Open House, and parent conferences; Provides oversight as per school-based certificate and assignment.
- Attends all required in-services.
- Attends to ADL’s and other Paraprofessional duties as assigned when not assigned to teaching responsibilities.
- Completes PLAAFPS, IEP reports, and schedules.
- Recognizes when a student requires medical assistance and responds appropriately by providing necessary assistance or summoning assistance in a timely manner.
To qualify, a Bachelor’s degree in Special Education from an accredited college or university required and the following Licensure/Certifications: New Jersey Department of Education Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate in conjunction with Teacher of Health and Physical Education or; New Jersey Teacher of the Handicapped Certificate with background in adapted physical education.
Matheny offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, tax deferred retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
To Apply Please Click Here: email@example.com
The Matheny School is a New Jersey approved private school for children with disabilities. When a school district needs the resources to effectively educate the student with complex disabilities and associated health needs, Matheny is there to help. At Matheny, children having a variety of developmental disabilities, physical challenges and complex medical conditions find a safe, supportive environment where they can reach their academic, social, vocational, and personal potential. For over 60 years Matheny has been helping students achieve their greatest level of learning and independence through our collaborative approach, integrating traditional academics with therapeutic intervention and pre-vocational skills development. Our caring staff includes special education teachers and aides, licensed therapists in the areas of speech/language pathology, occupational therapy, and physical therapy, as well as nurses, social workers and psychologists. The entire team works closely with our students’ families and local school districts to design a service plan that is uniquely tailored to each student’s specific needs. At Matheny no disability is a barrier to learning. Our students learn in small, supportive class groupings, with plenty of individual attention. Through the use of adaptive techniques and instructional and assistive technology we provide universal access to any learning activity. And, while every student has an individualized education plan (IEP), our interdisciplinary team is always looking at innovative strategies to meet each child’s individual learning style and unique learning needs. The overriding goal is to give each student the opportunity to achieve the highest level of academic achievement and the greatest degree of independence possible. The Matheny School is licensed by the State of New Jersey DOE and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). The academic curriculum at Matheny School meets the New Jersey Department of Education Common Core State Standards and Core Curriculum Content Standards.
It takes special people to care for those with special needs.
While the great majority of Matheny patients have cerebral palsy as their primary diagnoses, Matheny also has patients with spina bifida, Lesch-Nyhan Disease (LND) and a wide range of uncommon conditions including Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Cornelia De Lange syndrome, Wolf-Hirshorn syndrome and 4Q Deletion syndrome. Lesch-Nyhan Disease is a rare x-linked recessive disorder associated with cognitive impairment, high levels of uric acid in the blood, kidney involvement and the hallmark symptom -- severe and involuntary self-injurious behaviors. Matheny is recognized as the leading source of information on care issues regarding LND.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, FINANCE DEPARTMENT Peapack, New Jersey
- TEACHER OF HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION/PARAPROFESSIONAL Peapack, New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant, Nursing Department Peapack, New Jersey
- Registered Nurse Peapack, New Jersey
- Occupational Therapist - School Peapack, New Jersey
- Administrative Assistant - School Peapack, New Jersey
- Physical Education - Adapted Instructor Peapack, New Jersey